NAPS CLASS OF 1967
Less than eight months remain before we meet in Aberdeen, Maryland for a long-overdue reunion and a march back in time. As guests of the Bainbridge Development Corporation we will assemble on the grounds of the once vibrant Naval Preparatory School to acknowledge those to whom we owe so much, and honor the memory of those we will never see again. There will be time to explore, to wander about, take pictures, and reflect on life at a different time and place and the years between yesterday and today. Eight months may seem like a long time, but October will be here before we know it.
- Website: While the Bainbridge Development Corporation (BDC) was kind enough to partition their website for our use, we were not able to secure administrative rights. Wishing to control access, ensure timely uploads, and develop a lasting link upon which we might build our own exchange, the committee decided upon a different venue. Thanks to the good work, talented staff, and valuable clock-time contributed by John Condon and his company (The Ambit Group), we are pleased to announce the launch of our own website at http://www.NAPS1967.com. The effort begun by the folks at the BDC was not lost, but rather served to seed the new site. A note of transfer and link will be added to the former site directing visitors to the new web domain. Check it out! While you're at it, why not dig through that dusty box in the attic where you might discover a bundle of yellowing photographs of life in Tome and Harrison Halls, an old issue of the Barnacle, a dog-eared watch bill, or the Holy Grail ... a menu from the Fiddler's Green. The website is a work in progress and will only be as good as we make it. Family photographs will be a welcomed addition. Forward electronic copies or mail originals to me for scanning / posting to the website. All originals will be returned. Plan to visit the site often in the months ahead to see how together we are making this thing grow.
- Hotel Information (reminder): The Clarion Hotel in Aberdeen will serve as reunion headquarters (http://www.clarionaberdeen.com/ ). A block of fifty double-rooms has been set aside for our reunion at $89.00 plus 6% tax for a total of $94.34 per night, hot buffet breakfast included. The books are open and reservations are being taken. When making the call, identify yourself as a part of the "NAPS Class of 1967 Reunion." If you have already made a reservation online and did not secure the promised rate, simply call the hotel at 410-273-6300, provide your confirmation number, and request the "NAPS Class of 1967 Reunion" guaranteed room rate.
- Registration Form: While reunion plans are based upon a best estimate as measured by early / enthusiastic replies, an accurate head-count is imperative. The sooner we lock in the number, the better the plan. Please copy, print, and complete the registration form attached as soon as possible. The Committee is not in a position to accept credit cards, so make all checks payable to: NAPS Class of 1967 Reunion Fund. Mail the completed registration form with deposit to:
1202 River Bay Road
Annapolis. MD 21409
As a matter of note, Wally Poleshaj serves as treasurer; both Wally and Bob have signature authority. Funds remaining in the account at the close of the reunion and the meeting of all obligations will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project on behalf of the NAPS Class of 1967.
- Sunday Bruch – River Cruise: As some may wish to remain in the area through Sunday and beyond, the committee is in talks with the owners of the Lantern Queen out of Havre de Grace to secure a reservation for a Sunday brunch cruise along the Susquehanna and into the Chesapeake Bay. Although we must commit to a minimum party of thirty, a maximum of sixty passengers will be permitted to board. If you wish to enjoy the river cruise for Sunday brunch, please submit your name, completed registration form, and full deposit as early as possible. The only fair way to do this will be first come, first served until the maximum number is reached. A waiting list will follow.
- Student Roster: A comprehensive list of names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for those we have been able to contact to date is available. Before posting it to the NAPS Class of 1967 website, the committee wants to be sure no one is offended by the release. If you do not wish to share your contact information openly, please advise Ken Marks accordingly. Your privacy will be assured. Until we are certain the publication of a class roster is acceptable to all, if you wish to contact a classmate for whom we hold information, Ken will serve as the link. For now, please take a minute to review the roster (by section) attached. The names highlighted in yellow are those we have been able to find (by state of residence). The search continues, and we can use all the help we can get! If you know the whereabouts or have a decent lead that might direct us to any classmates we have yet to find, or if you are willing to do some online / on-the-phone detective work alongside Ken, please advise. The clock is ticking toward October, and we want to reach out to as many as possible.
Bob Capra 410-757-2028 (h) firstname.lastname@example.org
John Condon 301-320-3375 (h) email@example.com
Bob Gallagher 917-295-2922 (c) USNA71@optonline.net
Ken Marks 757-407-2878 (c) firstname.lastname@example.org
Wally Poleshaj 563-271-3272 (c) VPoleshaj@mchsi.com